Local is Best
Across the country, public events are cancelled, shops and restaurants have shut-down, and workers were sent home in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. This reduction in commerce is necessary as a public health response to the virus, but its adverse effects are already rippling through local economy—and will likely worsen in the coming weeks.
President Cyril Ramaphosa has already mentioned that, “It will have a huge impact on travel, negatively impact on our economy which we all know is in a very precarious situation,” It is for this reason we as a community need to stand together, in support of our local businesses. I have launched a campaign called, “local is best”.
Naturally we all can appreciate the financial adverse consequences effecting our local businesses. We have designed a number of campaigns to assist our business community. If you are a business owner in Killarney, Houghton, Norwood, Orange Grove, Fellside and surrounding areas- do get in touch- as we aim to provide you the media representation you so deserve when you get back to business. Our communities needs to realise why local is best, especially life after the pandemic, here are 10 Reasons why Local is Best:
1. Strengthen the local economy
2. Reduce climate change impacts
3. Support community groups
4. Unique shops keeps the community special
5. Creates more quality jobs
6. Personalised quality service
7. Local business owners invest in the community
8. Encourages local prosperity
9. Stimulates locally-made products
10. We grow stronger as a community in supporting each other
Support the local businesses who support the area where you live, work and play.